Netscape Mail 7 - Alternate Port - Setup Guide
- First you need to make sure the email address(es) you will be sending from have been authorised for your account in our Control Panel .
- These instructions assume your email account has already been setup and is collecting email correctly.
- Take a note of any settings you change.
- Only change the items specified - you should not need to change either your email address, POP3 server, POP3 username / password.
- From the Edit menu, select Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings
- Select Outgoing Server (SMTP) on the left side of the Mail & Newsgroups Account Settings dialog box
- In the Server Name field enter the SMTP server we gave you when you signed up - for example: mail.authsmtp.com:2525
- Important: In the line above the colon (:) must be followed by the alternate SMTP port - usually 2525
- Check the box for User name and password and enter your AuthSMTP username and password
- Close Netscape 7 - reload then test.